Quick Fix Mac And Cheese For Your Little Ones
Make the ultimate kids’ favorite dish, fresh out from your kitchen instead of a box, nutritious and it makes the belly happy!
Mamas, we understand that usually, we would want to whip up a feast for our families but sometimes, it is hard to fight fatigue and we may choose to take the easy way out, cooking a one-pot meal. Pre-made meals are readily available but for our children, making homemade mac and cheese is always the better choice with you selecting the ingredients yourself, making dinner a lot tastier than the ones coming from supermarket boxes.
In case you are wondering, I used Thermomix in my cooking process, an all in one kitchen equipment that is multifunctional, that is like an extra pair of hands for your kitchen. Over here, I’ll be sharing the recipe for Macaroni and Cheese prepared using Thermomix, a fuss-free dish popular amongst the kids and even the adults!
Here are the ingredients that you will need:
- 2 cloves of garlic, peels removed
- 10g of extra virgin olive oil
- 125g of minced pork
- 200g of organic macaroni
- 600g of organic fresh milk, room temperature
- 100g frozen organic peas
- 50g – 80g self-grated cheddar, to taste
Once prepared, follow the recipe here and you will be amazed at how easy everything is with Thermomix and you will have your Macaroni and Cheese ready for dinner!
1. Put the garlic cloves into Thermomix mixing bowl then set 5 sec / Speed 5. Use a spatula to scrape down the insides of the mixing bowl & pour in the extra virgin olive oil to saute for 3 min / 120°C / Speed 1.
2. Add minced pork into mixing bowl & loosen meat slightly with a spatula then saute 3 min / 120°C / Speed 2.
3. Pour in macaroni followed by milk & scrape the bottom of the bowl with the spatula. Next, cook for 15 min / 90°C / Reverse / Spoon Speed.
4. Last 3 minutes on the timer, pour in the frozen peas through the hole in the cover.
5. Transfer to a big serving bowl, add cheese & mix well. Serve immediately.