Maternity Hospital Bag Checklist – ‘Must Bring’ Items
The last thing any mama-to-be would want to encounter on their day of labour is realizing that they have missed out an important document or any must-have baby item right before their arrival! So, give yourself a peace of mind by running through our hospital bag checklist and including the ‘must bring’ items when you go for labour!
The baby is almost here!
After 9 months of ‘baking’, your little one is finally ready to meet the world! But the question is, are you ready mama?
Even after attending antenatal classes and doing everything you can to prepare for this day, it is inevitable to experience contrasting emotions of excitement and nervousness during this momentous day, afterall, someone is going to change your life forever after today… With all the big emotions out to play, all mothers-to-be would need all the moral support from her partner on the day of delivery and the last thing you would want is to send him home to pick up a forgotten item.
Preparing a hospital bag checklist in advance of your EDD is more important than we think because you can never be too sure when your baby decides to make his/her grand appearance! Instead of making frantic last minute preparations, 34 weeks into your pregnancy is a good time to start planning for the logistics and items to pack into your hospital bag! Read on to find out what are the ‘must brings’!
Must Bring Documents
- Birth plan (if you have one!)
- Hospital Admission Form
- Letter from your gynae
- NRIC (both husband and wife)
- Insurance papers
- Medical cards
- Prenatal receipts (for your MediSave claims)
- Original marriage certificate (if you are planning to register your baby’s birth cert at the hospital)
Must Bring Mama Toiletries
- Facial Wash
- Shampoo/Dry Shampoo
- Shower Foam
- Cool Perineal Spray
- Maternity Pads
- Tissue/Wet Wipes
- Cosmetics (If you are expecting guests!)
- Daily Skincare
- Hair Ties
- Hair Brush
- Contact Lens Case and Solution
Must Bring Mama Clothing
- Nursing Robe (If you prefer not to wear the robe provided by your hospital, pick one that is easy for breastfeeding)
- Loose Fitting Clothes (for you to head home in)
- Disposable Underwear
- Cardigan (In case it gets chilly in the ward!)
Must Bring Mama Breastfeeding Essentials
- Breast Pump (To help with lactation)
- Breast Pads
- Nipple Cream
- Nursing Bra
Must Bring Baby Items
- Baby Toiletries
- Cotton Pads/Balls (To clean your baby)
- Romper/Onesie (1 set for baby to wear when it’s time to go home!)
- Baby Cap
- Mittens and Socks
- Swaddle Blanket
Must Bring Daddy Items
- Mobile Phone/Tablet (To keep himself entertained should there be a long wait before delivery)
- Camera/Video Recorder
- Snacks and Drinks
- Personal Toiletries, Clothing and Spectacles (If he is staying the night)
Good to go!
With this comprehensive ‘must bring’ hospital checklist, mama you are all good to go! Now that the preparation of your hospital bag is complete, it is time to prepare yourself physically, mentally and emotionally as labour approaches. Remember that your body is capable and strong enough to deliver a new life into this world. Relax and believe in yourself! We are rooting for you mama and we wish you a smooth delivery!